2017 New Product Contest Eligibility & Rules
New product contest applications are accepted only from companies exhibiting at the upcoming Irrigation Show. For the 2017 contest:
- Products and services must have been introduced and available for purchase between September 1, 2016, and August 31, 2017, to be eligible for consideration.
- Applications will be accepted in six categories:
- Agriculture Irrigation
- Golf Irrigation
- Landscape Irrigation
- Rainwater Catchment
- Unlimited applications per category per company are permitted.
- Applications must be received by Monday, August 14 to be considered for inclusion in the contest.
- Awards will only be presented in categories for which three products have been submitted.
Once applications are received:
- Submissions that meet the specified criteria will be entered as contestants in the 2017 New Product Contest.
- IA will notify all exhibitors of their application status the week of August 21.
- Eligible and participating contestants are required to submit a $550 fee and complete one agreement form per entry. Agreement form and invoice will be sent with notification.
- Each company is responsible for bringing each accepted product to the new product contest area of the show floor. Electrical and water costs are included in the entrance fee. Drayage charges are the responsibility of the contestant. If the product is not displayed in the new product contest area during the contest judging period, it will be disqualified from the contest.
- IA will provide a 2' × 2' pedestal or a 2' × 4' draped table for display, electricity if required, and signage.
Products that are accepted as contestants in the 2017 New Product Contest will be:
- Prominently displayed in the new product contest area of the 2017 Irrigation Show floor.
- Evaluated by a panel of judges based on the online application and a five-minute presentation/Q&A session with the judges.
- Judged on innovative and/or “changed-for-the-better” qualities, increased irrigation efficiency, ease of use, cost benefits, time savings and design quality.
First place winners in each category will be announced during the general session. Names of winning products will be placed on a large sign in a prominent area of the Irrigation Show exhibit hall and will receive:
- An award suitable for display.
- Free publicity to industry media, including Twitter updates throughout the show, a press release and an article in IA Times.
- Customized new product contest logo artwork for company marketing.
- Recognition on the Irrigation Show website.
The deadline to submit a product for consideration in the year’s contest is Monday, August 14, 2017. Please contact Tiffany Wilson, IA exhibit services manager, for information about the new product contest.
Disclaimer: The Irrigation Show new product contest product entries are judged by a panel of industry experts based on information provided by the competition entrants. The new product contest award is not a warranty, endorsement or approval of these products.